Alcohol, like any other abusive substance, gives a ‘feeling of ecstasy’ to the brain. People forget the fact that this hallucination is only a time-dependent factor. Once the impact of alcohol ceases, the brain loses its euphoria. Thus, the person again craves for more alcohol… thus, for more euphoria.
With incessant use of alcohol, the body starts getting immune to the secretions of the ‘feel good’ hormone or dopamine. People also start drinking more heavily to reach that point of pleasure. Unluckily for them, they only get pulled more and more into this addiction as one gets pulled by the quicksand! Such individuals may now face withdrawal symptoms. To keep away from this symptom, they again consume more alcohol. So this is a vicious cycle that keeps repeating relentlessly, and only a proper stoppage to it can help these alcohol addicts.
Reflecting on its earliest symptoms-
People undergoing this issue might relate to it. Others keep an eye on these indicators as they might help prevent further damage to people you know.
The starting signs of alcoholism can seem to be not too endangering. But keep in mind, ‘A pause now can give a longer life later!’
- Notice if your drinking habit is intensifying in the name of stress and parties. Know that these are just excuses that you are giving to yourself
- Even if subtle, the changes are present where you start moving away from your family, only to allot more to your drinking hours. A fun life with family and friends need not include alcohol. It needs to constitute being around people that you adore!
- Sleep patterns become erratic resulting in improper mood swings and also loss of interest in all other activities.
When you see yourself having just one engrossment in life, that is alcohol, become alert not to cross the line any further.
Causes of alcohol addiction-
- Childhood curiosity-When you set about drinking from a very early age, you become more prone to the ill effects of alcohol at the later stages in life. Maybe, you have had that extra nudge from your peers to indulge in drinking at your puberty. Growing years can be pretty rough, especially if there is no proper supervision of a guardian. Try to negate your curiosity about trying something new at that age. The building blocks of your body growth are at their peak now. Let your body and mind have space and intellect to fully mature, and you to make the right decision after that.
- Stress of working people-The world around today has become very fast-moving. From trying to grow up fast to having a promising career at a speedy rate, to achieve everything in no time, we are filled with such overachievers almost everywhere around us. But, what we fail to see is that few people in such stressful conditions or, if they fail, resort to alcohol as their blinding support. Alcoholism is hence, very prevalent in the working society to deal with anxiety and stress.
- The genetic factor-Alcoholism can run down in the ‘family tree.’ The hereditary cause is a potent reason for alcoholism. But inheriting the gene to drink is not all it takes to become an addict! The lineage factor combining with the environmental factor can lead to alcohol addiction.
- Mental health disorders like bipolar problems, schizophrenia can make a person closeted and reticent in expressing their symptoms and feelings. They end up consuming alcohol to suppress their fear and anxiety. This may lead to alcoholism and also aggravate the problems of their mental health.
- Emotional trauma-Alcohol abuse is familiar to people undergoing traumas of childhood abuse, domestic abuse. As they usually do not vent out their resentment, they slyly take the help of alcohol to suppress their damaging bits! Instead of taking the wrong path, they should talk to people who care or a therapist who will alleviate the root cause of their problem. Alcohol is only a life-risking agent in the long run.
Also, people going through an emotional imbalance or breakdown may feel the need to take alcohol for their retreat. Instead of confronting their feelings, grief, and pain and accepting their situation, they instead consume large amounts of alcohol to give themselves a carefree touch. But, this eventually increases your pain
The reasons for getting tempted by alcohol are many. But the reason to avoid it is even bigger…. that is, a healthy, fulfilling life. Unfortunately, if you have already become an addict, we would like you to come and tell us your problem. We are available to you all the time. Just contact us from the details given below;
Alcohol addiction treatment centre
If you are in a dire need to stop the habit, visit the Alcohol rehab centre in Delhi
We will do all that is needed to free you from your addictions at the best nasha mukti kendra in India
Call us now! To avail yourself of a life that you actually need!
Hope Care established under the guidance of Dr. Deepak Raheja, is a psychiatric center of excellence that endeavors to restore hope and well-being to individuals and families afflicted by mental ill-health through comprehensive treatment and rehabilitation services. Hopecare seeks to set benchmarks in innovative programs in treatment, care, and education.